Support the Expansion of The Sports Village / The Berkeley Academy and Entertainment Centre Community Hub.
The Sports Village / Berkeley Academy and Entertainment Centre Expansion
In its 19th year of operation, the award winning Sports Village has already established itself as a unique facility in Canada. While it is recognized as an excellent venue to play hockey, it is also earning widespread accolades for producing outstanding athletes for the next level of their development, whether in the professional ranks of the NHL or the junior level at the OHL or the over 200 scholarships to NCAA schools. As evidenced by the recent NHL draft (3 of the top ten drafts attended school at the Sports Village) we are top of mind for professional scouts, coaches and the athletic departments of universities.
• Create an exceptional 21st century learning environment with a flexible community athletic/ entertainment place.
• Create Berkeley Common village centre.
• First of its kind iHub in Vaughan.
• First of its kind to implement immersive technologies for teaching protocols.
• Forge Public-Private partnership to attract state-of-the-art technology (Cryogenics).
• Inspire local youth to develop start-up businesses.
• Partner with education and industry leaders; Alexion, YorkU, MaRs, Innovation Institute, C21 Canada, MindShare Learning to create internships, host innovative workshops and conduct research.
• Create sustainable and innovative energy efficient technology.
• First Canadian School or Structure to implement PaveGenTM power.
• Implement City Farmer horticulture and “Natural Kitchen” program.
• Global Partnerships to enhance and promote a diverse and international student body.
• Berkeley International will train and provide ESL to foreign workers with internships.
• Host and promote scholastic tournaments and elite Junior Hockey.
• Host and partner to promote at least 30 mid-market music concerts for up to 5,000 spectators.
• Promote and host education trade and curriculum symposiums.
• Host outdoor events within Berkeley Common for graduations, symphonic concerts and other community-based events.